Who We Are
We are a leading not-for-profit health insurer in Wisconsin, and our services have grown to reach active-duty and retired military personnel, seniors, and families in Wisconsin, across the U.S., and around the world. Learn more!
WPS receives World's Most Ethical Company Award for 9th Year in a Row - 2018 Most Ethical Companies Announcement
At Our Core
WPS Health Solutions has earned a reputation as a leader in the insurance and benefits administration industry through our commitment to excellence and high-quality service. Our corporate values reflect the core of who we are and how we conduct business every day.
I recognize how my actions impact internal and external customers by being responsible for the customer experience. I look beyond the immediate issue to recognize and solve the problem.
I own my actions. I am accountable and dedicated to achieving the best results for WPS Health Solutions and our customers. I embrace my role in helping the company achieve a high-performance workplace.
I lead by example and act ethically, honestly and am trustworthy. I show appreciation for others by giving and taking constructive feedback and encouragement.
Driven and Passionate
I approach my work with enthusiasm, and personal commitment to the success of our business. I keep the importance of the work we do for our customers alive in my attitude and interactions with others, and demonstrate pride in the worthiness of our purpose.
In this position you will control and maintain government contract original books of entry to record receipts and refunds. You will ensure accurate and timely processing of financial information. You will prepare information for both internal and external reporting.
In this role you will:
* Perform accounting duties using knowledge of government contract requirements and regulations.
* Complete daily processing accurately and on a timely basis in accordance department procedures.
* Update/maintain claim system files with claim payment activity information on a daily basis, maintaining inventory at an acceptable level.
* Prepare refunds, undeliverable and returned checks for entry by opening, prepping, researching, and prelisting checks utilizing spreadsheet software.
* Deposit claim refunds daily. Research and enter claim refunds into refund system accurately and efficiently.
* Create claim system-workflow tasks for adjudication of a claim for voided checks and refunds.
* Sort and prepare documents to be inserted and mailed per department procedures and customer expectations.
* Prepare and review documents to be imaged for clarity, completeness and exception items.
* Ensure all documents related to the adjudication of claim are imaged and comply with record retention policies of the government as well as WPS records management.
* Prepare information from source documents for journal entries to meet monthly due dates.
* Rotate duties with other staff members based on schedule provided by Supervisor.
* Perform other duties as assigned, to include assistance with special projects and training staff members in department processes.
* Ensure confidentiality of assigned passwords.
* Ensure the protection of the corporate hardware, software, information and government data by complying with corporate security requirements.
* Comply with all WPS corporate policies and procedures which include maintaining confidentiality of information.
You should have:
* High school diploma or equivalent, along with demonstrated knowledge of basic accounting principles from related work experience.
* Demonstrated ability to perform accounting functions obtained from 1 or more years of accounting experience Critical Competencies
* Knowledge of, or ability to learn, government program processing requirements and government regulations.
* Demonstrated ability to research processed claims, returned funds and receivables on a claim system.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze data and solve problems with minimal oversight.
* Proficient in the use of personal computers and application software, including the
ability to perform data entry accurately.
* Demonstrated ability to perform mathematical calculations accurately.
* Professional verbal and written communication skills.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, including 10-key notepad.
* Effective organizational skills with ability to work independently and cooperatively
within a team.
Stay connected: Sign-up for Job Alerts
Associated topics: accountant iii, accounting, finance, financial, financial analyst i, financial analyst ii, financial services, insurance, internal audit, staff accountant