Family Academic Support Liaison INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated.They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
Passionate Family Academic Support Liaison are needed at the K12 partner school,WIVA. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
WIVA is a rapidly-growing organization that offers our teachers and staff members the excitement of exploring an emerging concept in education. Daily, our talented teachers and staff experience the impact they make on the lives of children. Join us, andbe inspired by the potential of our students.
AS A FAMILY ACADEMIC SUPPORT LIAISON, YOU WILL ENJOY...
* Provides 1:1 guidance and support for students and parents of students who are experiencing academic difficulty in mathematics, English/language arts/writing, science, and social studies; Assists in developing an academic remediation (Back on Track) planfor parent and student to follow and provide ongoing support towards completion of plan. * Facilitates 1:1 training/support and provide academic resources to help parents on best practices for working with their children to improve their student's academic achievement; * Promotes the importance of communication between teachers and parents/students on an ongoing basis with referred parents and students; * Collaborates with the teachers, parents, students, administrators, and other FLVA staff to ascertain students' academic needs and create a plan for improvement; * Confers with teachers and parents for the purpose of assisting in evaluating student progress and/or implementing student objectives; * Provides research-based strategies to give students and parents of students the necessary skills and knowledge to help them communicate effectively with teachers, administrators, and all educators in order to build a partnership to impact student achievement; * Works with staff in encouraging parents 1:1 participation in school activities; * Provides technical assistance relating to parental involvement as needed on the school level; * Maintains accurate documentation of student performance, progress, needs, and academic supports provided. * Works with families in the learning environment of the student to facilitate academic success.
Get to know WIVA!
* WIVA * Behind the Scenes * A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students' individual needs? If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for threeweeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12's learningmanagement system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child's learning.Requirements
* Experience teaching, advising, or counseling * Bachelor's degree * Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook * Strong written/verbal communication skills * Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations. * An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
* Experience working with the proposed age group * Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology * Experience working in a virtual environment. * Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools * Experience teaching online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment * Familiar with Blackboard Collaborative or other online platforms
WHO ARE WE?
* About Us * K12 Produces Results * Kudos and Honors * thinkTANK12
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,disability or genetics.
Copyright ? K12 Inc. All rights reserved. K12 is a registered trademark of K12 Inc. The K12 logo and other marks referenced herein are trademarks of K12 Inc., and other marks are owned by third parties.
Associated topics: admin secretary, administrative, administrative assistant i, administrative support specialist, budget, fundraising, information analyst, information technology, information technology support consultant, support specialist
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.