Affinity Visiting Nurses, an Ascension At Home company, has an opening for a full-time Hospice RN for the Neenah area.
This position is responsible for evaluation, referrals and coordinating patient/family needs. Under physician orders, the Registered Nurse is responsible for identifying and coordinating patient/family needs and for providing preventative and supportive care to the terminally ill patient/family unit. The RN utilizes assessment, intervention and teaching skills for caring for the patient/family unit, in collaboration with the hospice team members. Provides direct care as indicated and reports to appropriate hospice team members.Responsibilities
- Actively engage in QAPI initiatives and compliance activities.
- Take part in professional development to maintain qualifications for role; completes CBTs in a timely manner.
- Document clinical findings clearly and in a concise manner while maintaining the patient clinical record according to practice standards.
- Perform comprehensive initial and ongoing assessment of patients and families, and develop initial treatment plan, modifying as appropriate with interdisciplinary team focus. Educate the patient and family regarding terminal care.
- Identify actual or potential quality/safety/ethical/legal/compliance issues and initiates appropriate intervention or referral. Updates the attending physician/IDT about changes in the patient's condition and/or plan of care.
- Coordinate care with contracted facilities, discuss and initiate the written plan of care, and attend care conferences as scheduled.
- Evaluates services provide by the Hospice Aide every two weeks.
- Maintain productivity standards.
- Promote efficiency in use of supplies and visit utilization including mileage.
- Is an ambassador for the agency in daily encounters with referral sources.
- Promote positive relationships with contracted facilities.
- Promote a positive culture among and across the hospice team.
- Promote teamwork and shared responsibility for attaining the agency mission and vision.
- Active participation in meeting agency customer satisfaction goals.
- Create predictability for patients by following standard practices and using KEY WORDS AT KEY TIMES to decrease caregiver anxiety.
- Promote agency by always putting the patient first.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adherence to and compliance with information systems security is everyone's responsibility. It is the responsibility of every computer user to: Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures. Attend Information Systems security training, when offered. Report information systems security problems.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Current state nursing license.
- Possess valid driver's license, proof of insurance and access to automobile.
- One year of recent clinical experience with preferred experience in the care of terminally ill patients and their families.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to fulfill on-call requirements with immediate 24/7 availability when assigned.
- Must have the ability to connect to the internet with company issued laptop from home using dialup or hi speed connection (DSL, cable or satellite).
Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, ccu, coronary, hospice, intensive, intensive care, registered nurse, tcu, transitional